WordPress is a content management system (CMS), at the moment it wins the top position in its niche. Content management systems are web applications created for making and operating (aka managing) different sorts of content via uploading, editing, and publishing posts containing copy, images, audio and video etc. So, this is the multifunctional platform for blogging, both personal and professional, and also creating websites for various businesses or non-profit organizations and movements.
There is a number of content management systems nowadays, all of which have their wide or narrow audience. However, at the moment WordPress presents the market leader opening wide opportunities for setting websites quickly and easily. Let’s look closer what are the benefits attracting people so much.
What are general benefits of WordPress?
To the benefits that have really positive impact on any sort of website set in this CMS we would definitely mention the following:
- WYSIWYG (“what you see is what you get”) editor that enables people to work with the system and operate with content without knowledge and skills of coding in HTML or other languages. This means that, for example, professional copywriters or journalists can be involved straight into the process without necessity of additional training. Basic skills of operating with text editors is enough to start publishing. Moreover, it’s a great way to start for those people who can offer their services and goods but are really far from any sort of coding.
- Individual and group operations. One WordPress account presenting a website or blog can be controlled and filled with content by either one admin user or multiple users. That enables efficient teamwork which is especially appreciated for big informative resources.
- SEO-oriented URL formation and copy processing. Content applied in the products created on the basis of CMS can be automatically optimized for search engines that creates higher chances for the content to reach its readers. In addition, in the admin dashboard writers are offered the ability to even work over optimization of all the images uploaded to posts.
- WordPress offers its users detailed documentation and technical support, which makes interaction with the platform much easier.
- The rich system of plugins enables to effectively adapt the websites along the requirements of its creators and final readers/users.
- The variety of themes (design templates) enables users to select the design which is the most suitable for their aims, target audience needs as well as their own tastes.
Definitely, there are many other benefits, but the outlined ones are among the most popular features creating the feeling of user-friendly and multipurpose resource. Furthermore, today they are added with steadily growing field of design for WordPress themes that have already formed a huge repository of themes and templates for the users worldwide. So, let’s look a bit closer at the design aspect of the story.
Source Credit https://tubikstudio.com/wordpress-theme-design-ready-made-vs-custom/